Intermediate School 78
The School of Architectural Design & Innovative Technology
Together We Make A Difference
· The Math State Exam will be administered on Tuesday, May 2nd - Thursday, May 4th
· The District 22 Science Expo will be held on Friday, May 5th from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm at the Carmine Carro Community Center in Marine Park
· The Social Studies MOSL Exam will be administered from Monday, May 8th - Friday, May 12th
· The Eighth Grade Promotional Success afterschool program begins on Wednesday, May 10th. Eighth Grade students will be given the opportunity to complete missing assignments and exit projects on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:20 pm - 4:20 pm. For more information, please have your child contact Mr. Dougherty or Ms. Hadgkiss.
· The District 22 CEC meeting will be held on Thursday, May 11th at 6:30 pm at I.S 381
· The school drama production of Aladdin: the Musical will be held on Friday, May 12th at 7:00 pm in our school auditorium
· The ELA MOSL Exam will be administered from Monday, May 15th - Friday, May 19th
· The PTA Meeting/Skedula Parent Workshop will be held on Wednesday, May 17th at 6:30 pm
· Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, May 18th from 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
· The Math MOSL Exam will be administered from Monday, May 22th - Friday, May 26th
· The Spring Band Concert will be held on Monday, May 22th at 6:30 pm in the school auditorium
· The Annual Arista/Archon Installation Night will be held on Tuesday, May 23rd at 6:30 pm
· The District 22 CEC Award Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 25th at 6:30 pm at P.S. 194
· There will be no school on Monday, May 29th in observance of Memorial Day
Framework For Great Schools Report
Culinary Arts SEM Gives Back:
Ronald McDonald House
On Friday, January 8th, members of the I.S. 78 Culinary Arts SEM (Schoolwide Enrichment Model) took a trip to the Ronald McDonald House on Long Island. The students chose to support the Ronald McDonald House as the charity for their SEM. After arriving at the Ronald McDonald House, the students received a tour of the facility and were given background information about the house by a volunteer, Mr. Tom.
After hearing the story of how the Ronald McDonald House had evolved, the students were very inspired, and immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to bake cookies for the residents of the house. Led by their teacher, Ms. Katz, and assisted by staff members, Ms. Koon and Ms. D’Aleo, the students baked over 200 cookies.
On their ride home, the students reflected on their experience, and the general feeling was that giving back is “A great and rewarding feeling.” The students also asked if they could go to the Ronald McDonald House again in the Spring, which we will certainly arrange. It was a day we will all remember.
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact
Dorothy D'Aleo at (718) 763-4701 ext. 1260 or DDaleo@schools.nyc.gov to request assistance.
1420 East 68th Street Brooklyn, NY 11234 Phone: (718) 763-4701 Fax: (718) 251-3439