1420 East 68th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11234
Fax: (718) 251-3439
Roy H. Mann
Intermediate School 78
Culinary Arts SEM Gives Back:
Ronald McDonald House
On Friday, January 8th, members of the Roy H. Mann Culinary Arts SEM (Schoolwide Enrichment Model) took a trip to the Ronald McDonald House on Long Island. The students chose to support the Ronald McDonald House as the charity for their SEM. After arriving at the Ronald McDonald House, the students received a tour of the facility and were given background information about the house by a volunteer, Mr. Tom.
After hearing the story of how the Ronald McDonald House had evolved, the students were very inspired, and immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to bake cookies for the residents of the house. Led by their teacher, Ms. Katz, and assisted by staff members, Ms. Koon and Ms. D’Aleo, the students baked over 200 cookies.
On their ride home, the students reflected on their experience, and the general feeling was that giving back is “A great and rewarding feeling.” The students also asked if they could go to the Ronald McDonald House again in the Spring, which we will certainly arrange. It was a day we will all remember.
· The ELA State Exam will be administered on Tuesday, April 5th - Thursday, April 7th
· The District 22 CEC meeting will be held on Thursday, April 7th at 7:00 pm at
· The Math State Exam will be administered on Wednesday, April 13th -
Friday, April 15th
· The PTA meeting/Move This World Workshop will be held on Tuesday, April 19th
at 6:45 pm
· Spring Recess is from Monday, April 25th through Friday, April 29th
· The Science Fair will be held on Tuesday, May 3rd at 6:45 pm
· The Eighth Grade Promotional Success afterschool program starts Wednesday,
May 4th. Eighth Grade students will be given the opportunity to complete
missing assignments and exit projects on Wednesdays and Thursdays from
2:20 pm - 4:20 pm. For more information, please have your child contact
Mr. Dougherty or Ms. Hadgkiss.