Culinary Arts SEM Gives Back:
Ronald McDonald House
On Friday, January 8th, members of the I.S. 78 Culinary Arts SEM (Schoolwide Enrichment Model) took a trip to the Ronald McDonald House on Long Island. The students chose to support the Ronald McDonald House as the charity for their SEM. After arriving at the Ronald McDonald House, the students received a tour of the facility and were given background information about the house by a volunteer, Mr. Tom.
After hearing the story of how the Ronald McDonald House had evolved, the students were very inspired, and immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to bake cookies for the residents of the house. Led by their teacher, Ms. Katz, and assisted by staff members, Ms. Koon and Ms. D’Aleo, the students baked over 200 cookies.
On their ride home, the students reflected on their experience, and the general feeling was that giving back is “A great and rewarding feeling.” The students also asked if they could go to the Ronald McDonald House again in the Spring, which we will certainly arrange. It was a day we will all remember.
· The sixth grade orientation barbeque will be held on Tuesday, September 6th from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
· There will be no school on Monday, September 12th
· The ELA Pre -Assessment Exam will be administered from September 13th - September 16th
· Back to School Night (September Parent/Teacher Conferences) will be held on Wednesday, September 15th from 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
· The Math Pre -Assessment Exam will be administered from September 19th - September 23th
· The September PTA meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 21th at 6:30 pm
·Summer reading lists are now posted, click on the Summer Reading List Tab above
Intermediate School 78
The School of Architectural Design & Innovative Technology
Together We Make A Difference
1420 East 68th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11234
Fax: (718) 251-3439