1420 East 68th Street Brooklyn, NY 11234 Phone: (718) 763-4701 Fax: (718) 251-3439
Intermediate School 78
The School of Architectural Design & Innovative Technology
Together We Make A Difference
· There will be no school for students from Monday, December 26th - Monday, January 2nd for the Winter Recess. School will resume on Tuesday, January 3rd.
· The District 22 CEC meeting will be held on Thursday, January 5th at 6:30 pm at I.S. 278
· ELA midterm exams will be held from Monday, January 9th - Friday, January 13th
· Grade 8 picture re-takes will be held on Tuesday, January 10th
· There will be no school on Monday, January 16th in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
· Math midterm exams will be held from Tuesday, January 17th - Monday, January 23rd
· Family Art Night will be held on Thursday, January 19th at 6:30 pm
· Grade 6 & 7 Picture Day will be held on Tuesday, January 24th
· Social Studies midterm exams will be held from Tuesday, January 24th - Wednesday, January 25th
· Science midterm exams will be held from Thursday January 26th - Friday, January 27th
· The PTA meeting/Parent Workshop will be held on Wednesday, January 25th at 6:30 pm
· Arts, Foreign Language and Physical Education midterm exams will be held from Monday January 30th - Tuesday, January 31st
Culinary Arts SEM Gives Back:
Ronald McDonald House
On Friday, January 8th, members of the I.S. 78 Culinary Arts SEM (Schoolwide Enrichment Model) took a trip to the Ronald McDonald House on Long Island. The students chose to support the Ronald McDonald House as the charity for their SEM. After arriving at the Ronald McDonald House, the students received a tour of the facility and were given background information about the house by a volunteer, Mr. Tom.
After hearing the story of how the Ronald McDonald House had evolved, the students were very inspired, and immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to bake cookies for the residents of the house. Led by their teacher, Ms. Katz, and assisted by staff members, Ms. Koon and Ms. D’Aleo, the students baked over 200 cookies.
On their ride home, the students reflected on their experience, and the general feeling was that giving back is “A great and rewarding feeling.” The students also asked if they could go to the Ronald McDonald House again in the Spring, which we will certainly arrange. It was a day we will all remember.