1420 East 68th Street Brooklyn, NY 11234 Phone: (718) 763-4701 Fax: (718) 251-3439
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact
Dorothy D'Aleo at (718) 763-4701 ext. 1260 or DDaleo@schools.nyc.gov to request assistance.
Intermediate School 78
The School of Architectural Design & Innovative Technology
Together We Make A Difference
· The ELA Pre -Assessment Exam will be administered through Acheive3000 from September 11th - September 20th
· The Math Pre -Assessment Exam will be administered through IReady from September 11th - September 20th
· There will be no school on Thursday, September 21st and Friday, September 22nd in observance of Rosh Hashanah
· Back to School Night (September Parent/Teacher Conferences) will be held on Tuesday, September 26th from 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
· The September PTA meeting will be held on Thursday, September 14th at 6:30 pm
The Walk of Honor
Framework For Great Schools Report
Culinary Arts SEM Gives Back:
Ronald McDonald House
On Friday, January 8th, members of the I.S. 78 Culinary Arts SEM (Schoolwide Enrichment Model) took a trip to the Ronald McDonald House on Long Island. The students chose to support the Ronald McDonald House as the charity for their SEM. After arriving at the Ronald McDonald House, the students received a tour of the facility and were given background information about the house by a volunteer, Mr. Tom.
After hearing the story of how the Ronald McDonald House had evolved, the students were very inspired, and immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to bake cookies for the residents of the house. Led by their teacher, Ms. Katz, and assisted by staff members, Ms. Koon and Ms. D’Aleo, the students baked over 200 cookies.
On their ride home, the students reflected on their experience, and the general feeling was that giving back is “A great and rewarding feeling.” The students also asked if they could go to the Ronald McDonald House again in the Spring, which we will certainly arrange. It was a day we will all remember.