1420 East 68th Street Brooklyn, NY 11234 Phone: (718) 763-4701 Fax: (718) 251-3439
Intermediate School 78
The School of Architectural Design & Innovative Technology
Together We Make A Difference
· There will be no school on Monday, October 3rd and Tuesday, October 4th in observance of Rosh Hashanah
· The District 22 CDEC meeting will be held on Thursday, October 6th at 7:00 pm
· There will be no school on Monday, October 10th in observance of Columbus Day
· There will be no school on Wednesday, October 12th in observance of Yom Kippur
· Please join us for an Eighth Grade High School application parent workshop on Thursday, October 13th at 6:30 pm
· The PTA meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 18th at 6:30 pm
· We invite all parents/guardians of fifth grade to attend our Open House on Thursday, October 20th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
· Grade 8 Picture Day will be held on Tuesday, October 25th
· Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday. October 27th from 12:20 pm - 2: 20 pm and from 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm. Students will be dismissed at 11:16 am
Culinary Arts SEM Gives Back:
Ronald McDonald House
On Friday, January 8th, members of the I.S. 78 Culinary Arts SEM (Schoolwide Enrichment Model) took a trip to the Ronald McDonald House on Long Island. The students chose to support the Ronald McDonald House as the charity for their SEM. After arriving at the Ronald McDonald House, the students received a tour of the facility and were given background information about the house by a volunteer, Mr. Tom.
After hearing the story of how the Ronald McDonald House had evolved, the students were very inspired, and immediately rolled up their sleeves and began to bake cookies for the residents of the house. Led by their teacher, Ms. Katz, and assisted by staff members, Ms. Koon and Ms. D’Aleo, the students baked over 200 cookies.
On their ride home, the students reflected on their experience, and the general feeling was that giving back is “A great and rewarding feeling.” The students also asked if they could go to the Ronald McDonald House again in the Spring, which we will certainly arrange. It was a day we will all remember.