Summer Reading List
1) D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths, by Ingri d'Aulaire and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire (In Preparation for: The Lightning Thief)
2) Steve Jobs For Kids, by Sam Rogers (In Preparation for: Bud Not Buddy)
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When will students pick their SEM? All sixth grade students will select their SEM on the first day of school (for more information about our SEM Program please click on the SEM section above
2) When will students receive their Google Chromebook? Parents may pick up Chromebooks for Students in the CIG program during Back to School Night (September 26, 2017)
3) What information does my child need to know for the first day of school? A copy of the Manny Monthly Class of 2020 Summer Special Edition was mailed to all incoming parents and includes: First Day of School Information. Below is a copy of the document and the bell schedule
4) When will my child receive a Metrocard? Metrocards will be given out the first week of school. The following MTA busses are available at dismissal in the front of the building daily and do not require a Metrocard: B41, B46, & B47.
5) What books should my child read prior to the first day of school? The summer reading list for incoming sixth grade students is listed below
1420 East 68th Street Brooklyn, NY 11234 Phone: (718) 763-4701 Fax: (718) 251-3439
Intermediate School 78
The School of Architectural Design & Innovative Technology
Together We Make A Difference
Welcome Class of 2020!
Below is a copy of the Manny Monthly Class of 2020 Summer Special Edition
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact
Dorothy D'Aleo at (718) 763-4701 ext. 1260 or DDaleo@schools.nyc.gov to request assistance.